- Preconstruction site meeting 5/4/11
Two Cottages, Predemolition 5/10/2011 A Closer Look
- 5/16/2011 The Surveyors are placing location and grading stakes.
- 5/18/2011 The building footprint is looking good. Electrical conduits in place.
The Site 5/18/2011
Two of the cottages have been removed. You can see two of the remaining cottages in this photo.
- 5/18/2011 – 6/3/2011 The Frost Protected Shallow Foundation (the Slab) was poured on 6/3. Here are some photos of the process up to and including the pour.
Prepping the Site
Flowable Fill Pour
EPS Slab Insulation
Prepped for Slab Pour
- 6/6/2011 Entering the third dimension! Don’t you just love how fast framing takes place? At the beginning of the day, flatland; by the end of the day, we can see the rooms take shape.
The Site 6/6/2011
The Site 6/7/2011
- 6/10/2011. The second floor is framed. SIPS panels for the walls will be installed before the scissors truss roof goes on. This should take place this week.
6/14/2011. The stairs are roughed in, the framing continues. The SIPS are cut, waiting for shipment.
June 14, 2011
- 6/20/2011 Large SIPs lowered into place today. More photos on today’s home page post. Next: Smaller SIPs around the entrance and sealing the seams. The large openings you see on the photo below are for the south-facing windows.
Large SIPs installed Today
- 6/22/2011 SIPs installation finished and Trusses Installed
June 22, 2011 Trusses Installed
June 24, 2011June 24, 2011
Watch for Alan Gibson and me tonight on WABI.
- 6/30/2011 The roof is sheathed and covered in roofing paper. Outside, the poly from under the foundation has been taped to the walls. Lots happening inside too. Duct work being run, Zip sheathing now in place, etc.
- 7/6/2011 Windows and Roof installed
July 6, 2011
- 7/15/2011 TerraHaus passed its Blower Door Test today, confirming it to be one of the tightest buildings in Maine.
- 7/26/2011 Siding moving along. Photo from Sustainability Coordinator, Jesse Pyles’ Twitter feed (thanks Jesse)
- 8/5/2011 Landscaping going in outside and lots of finish work inside
- 8/19/2011 Project Completed! On Time, On Budget! About six months from design to completion.
8/18/2011 Project Completed